Backend Engineer - Go (Mid / Senior)
We support recruitment for a provider of a platform that allows travellers to hail and book taxi rides from their preferred websites and mobile apps. They are a British start-up with a great office in Krakow, Pawia st.
As a Backend Engineer, you will join the Marketpay squad. They’re responsible for proper financial settlements, payments, and internal tools other teams use to operate the platform.
Stack: Go, SQL databases, REST APIs, Google Cloud Platform, Docker and Kubernetes;
Mid: 18-21 000 net B2B / 16-19 000 PLN gross UoP,
Senior: 21-27 000 net B2B / 19-26 000 PLN gross UoP,
Location: Hybrid from Krakow - 1/2 days a week from the office, the rest remotely;
Recruitment process: At least 2 online meetings (around 2h).
- Working on following projects: financial settlements, payments, and internal tools,
- Working in small subteams following Kanban,
- Delivering code reviews and relying on each other’s feedback,
- Preparing few kinds of automated tests - they don’t have dedicated manual QAs,
- Following Continuous Deployment, releasing to production early and often,
- Dedicating 10% of your time to work on experiments and innovations.
- Experience in a Backend Engineer role working with Go or another high-level language,
- Familiarity with the iterative approach (delivering an MVP and improving upon it),
- Awareness of principals in the software design,
- Familiarity with Domain-Driven Design,
- Previous experience with Event-Driven patterns, CQRS, and Event Sourcing,
- Ideally, some experience working with distributed systems and event-driven programming.
If you think you will thrive in the team, don't hesitate and apply! Our Recruiter Dominik will share with you more on a quick telephone chat.