Business Continuity Support Analyst Level 3
We support recruitment activities for a US-based company that specializes in online trading and forex. As a part of their rapid growth, they make significant investments in their IT systems, infrastructure, and platforms in order to deliver award-winning products and, what is more, give traders an outstanding user experience.
Therefore, the client launched a brand new technology hub in Cracow’s city center and searches for talented IT specialists to be a part of their team and help them realize their goals.
Location: Szlak Street, Cracow
Salary range: up to 18 000 PLN gross
Employment type: employment contract
Remote working: Possible
We are looking for a candidate for role Business Continuity Support Analyst, The purpose of the role is to provide 3rd Line support of the live trading systems within the Business continuity.
- Provide level 3 support of our trading systems.
- Escalate issues to other teams as appropriate by providing detailed log analysis, replicating issues in production or test environments that bring the development team up to speed quickly on the problem without the need for them to conduct a level one / level two analysis themselves.
- Document outages along with taking an active role in Incident and Problem Management and interact with development teams to drive permanent resolutions.
- Constantly liaise with the Traders on the trading desk to allow full immersion in the trading workflows.
- Create/enhance tools to make operational workflows more automated and less error-prone.
- Add to the monitoring infrastructure at Gain Capital to allow more proactive detection of problems and issues.
- Identify risks and provide guidance around the timing of changes and releases.
- Investigation of user queries via log file and process interaction, e.g. order issues, flow breaks, booking issues and Pricing.
Interrogate SQL Server databases for investigations using simple and complex SQL queries.
- Working Closely with IT Release Management, QA, Dev, and Infrastructure teams for software and scripts roll-outs in using best practices from IT Service Management/ITIL.
- Constant interaction with front, middle, and Back office Teams.
- Provide Out of Office hours Support and work in a shift Rota.
- Interaction with Offshore teams and be able to communicate issues effectively and with clarity.
- Develop small utilities and console-based applications and constantly look to automate mundane and laborious manual tasks either via scripting languages like python or PowerShell or programming language such as C#.
- Ideally Graduate Level (not a must though).
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an application support/development role.
- Proficient with programming language preferably C# and ability to write small utilities and tools to assist the team in automating tasks.
- Proficiency in either PowerShell/Python and have used them previously to automate tasks.
- Working knowledge of Git and source control softwares.
- Good knowledge of SQL and Databases ideally having worked with SQL Server.
- Must be a Team Player and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent troubleshooting/problem-solving skills across a wide variety of technologies and disciplines.
- Previous experience in supporting multi-tiered applications.
- Exposure to Distributed systems.
- Fluent English (written and spoken).
- Passion for technology, willingness to learn, and self-improve.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently and places a high value on improving processes and procedures.
Knowledge of Linux command shell navigation.
- Experience working on a trading floor.
- Experience with FIX/Exchange protocols a plus.
- Experience within the financial sector ideally in a Trading Environment.
- Working in an Agile Scrum.
- Connectivity and order routing in an equity trading environment.
- Visual Studio and TFS.
- Exposure to Jira and confluence.
- Understanding of messaging systems e.g. TIBCO, JMS, Messaging Queues.
- Experience working with open source tools like Elastic Search, Grafana, Time Series Databases.
- Understanding of Site Reliability Engineering and DevOps concepts and practices
- Work in a startup environment full of growth-oriented people
- A team of experienced developers helping each other improve their skills
- Ability to choose the equipment you work with
- Standing desk and ergonomic chair
- Spacious and cozy office space in the heart of old Cracow
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely
- Competitive benefits package, including health care and gym pass (Multisport)
- Kitchen full of coffee, tea, snacks, and fresh fruit
- Salary in line with the market
- Superior co-working and personal development experience