Business Data Analyst
We support recruitment activities for a US-based company that specializes in online trading and forex. As a part of their rapid growth, they make significant investments in their IT systems, infrastructure and platforms in order to deliver award-winning products and, what is more, give traders an outstanding user experience.
Therefore, the client launched a brand new technology hub in Krakow’s city centre and searches for talented professionals to be a part of their team and help them realize their goals.
Salary range: 15 000 – 19 000 PLN gross
Employment type: Employment contract ("Umowa o Pracę") or B2B contract
Location: Szlak Street, Krakow / remote working possible
We are looking for a Business Data Analyst with strong financial knowledge, practical experience in analysis and modelling to join the client's Ops Business Analytics team in our office in Kraków. The Ops Business Analytics team is responsible for generating and analyzing key business metrics to support business stakeholders’ data-driven decision making.
- Business Data Analyst will play a vital role from data mining; performing/providing guidelines to data cleaning; performing descriptive and prescriptive analysis for various business stakeholders.
- The successful candidate will apply the best possible combination of applied mathematics, statistics, advanced computing, visualization and data engineering to merge large data for equity, equity derivatives, commodities and fixed income F&O to generate business insight from those data sets for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You must demonstrate a strong desire to develop and use technical skills and advanced computing assets to achieve real practicable results. You will develop models to effectively support the Head of Business Analytics and peers to optimize the revenue and minimize cost.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Quantitative Analytical role in the financial industry
- Excellent knowledge and experience with FX, equity, equity derivatives, commodities and fixed income. CFA designation or working towards it will be an advantage
- Understanding of trading economics of equity, equity derivatives, commodities and fixed income
- Good understanding of CFD and Spreadbetting
- Advanced knowledge of experimentation, statistical methods and data processing
- Demonstrable domain expertise in product metric identification, improving data quality, experimental design and execution
- Advanced Python
- Advanced SQL
- Can-do attitude, sense of ownership and a team-player approach.
- Confidently produce scientific visualization
- Great communication skills with the ability to convey complex issues to non-technical parties.
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to produce high quality, accurate work
- Experience in Power BI
- Experience in Agile tooling: IT project management (Jira), version control (GitHub, BitBucket) and CI/CD pipeline tools (TeamCity or equivalents)
- Background in innovation including design thinking, prototyping and have solid commercial awareness
- Experience with financial products and/or payment systems
- Experience working with distributed, multidisciplinary team
- Good understanding of data release process
- Competitive compensation package including an annual performance bonus opportunity
- Competitive benefits package, including health care, gym pass, life insurance and lunch vouchers
- Superior co-working and personal development experience
- Spacious and modern office space in the heart of old Kraków
- Kitchen full of coffee, tea, snacks, and fresh fruits