Business Intelligence Team Lead
Our client is an award-winning global player offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate organizations, from a tech start-up to global corporations. Founded in 1996, the company became first to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, they have launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets.
We are happy to assist them in opening a new center in Krakow (Grzegorzki area) and to help them find their hires for the Business Intelligence team. You will join a cross-functional BI/Analytics team made up of data scientists, data and software architects, software engineers, and business reporting analysts spanning the globe. The team has ownership over data company-wide, from analytics to global business reporting, compliance reporting, and other data inquiries, as well as manages the entire data lifecycle from extraction to visualization.
Stack: GCP BigQuery, SQL, Python, Java, C++
Salary: up to 20 000 PLN gross on an employment contract
Reporting to: Director of Analytics and BI
Process: 2x interview (1x technical, 1x HR)
- Develop data-oriented solutions working with Google Cloud BigQuery DWH and on-prem relational databases in order to solve complex business problems leading to data-driven decision making.
- Lead a team of 4-to-5 independent data analysts to devise strategies and best practices to empower the team to arm our business partners with the insights they need.
- Partner closely with a cross-section of the company including Strategy, Product, Customer Service, Marketing, Sales, Trading, Finance, and Compliance, to answer high-level business questions and gain insights from the data you help to collect and manage.
- Perform data analysis and modeling, create reporting and visualizations, and educate the company on your findings.
- Influence the company’s strategic direction by enabling our business leaders to make data-driven decisions
- Support the activities related to the collection, review, cleansing, and reporting of data as well as end-user adoption of the BI applications across the organization.
- Develop data-integration processes to integrate disparate datasets into a cohesive data model in support of BI and Analytics requirements.
- Participate in planning sessions with key stakeholders to develop use cases and requirements for data-driven analytical solutions.
- Create rapid prototypes with team members leveraging Big Data, traditional database technologies, and alternative solutions.
- Identify and apply statistical and advanced analytical methods with customer teams enabling action-oriented results.
We’re looking for candidates with:
- 5+ years of post-graduate experience working in a BI field with relational databases, SQL, and data modeling.
- Experience in leading small-to-medium-sized teams.
- Experience in data gathering, data analysis, conceptual and logical models, data schema design, ETL/ELT principles, and dealing with large, complex datasets.
- Experience with enterprise business intelligence platforms like Domo, Tableau, or MicroStrategy.
- Working knowledge of BI reporting with excellent customer-centric skills.
- Previous experience in working with financial data.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or Information Technology.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in fintech companies or/and a background in Finance
- Working practice with Google Cloud/BigQuery/BigData or other cloud technologies
- Experience developing Python, Java, and/or C++ applications with demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering design principles.
Benefits in the offer:
- Compensation package in line with the market including an annual performance bonus opportunity.
- Competitive benefits package, including a training budget, health care, gym pass, life insurance.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely (100% during the pandemic, after that up to 50%).
- Spacious and modern office space.
- Plenty of snacks, fruits, and tasty coffee to make your days at the office more pleasant.