We support recruitment activities for a well-known provider of subsea systems and a leading designer of technologies to the oil & gas industry. They're growing their new Digital Services & Innovation team in Krakow aiming to level up the process of creating new in-house software that will help their customers overcome the most demanding industry challenges
We are seeking a Data Engineer who will join the Digital Services and Innovation team. They deliver critical projects of a scale, scope and difficulty. They follow Agile methodology where everyone is responsible for the success of the project. Data Engineer is an essential member of the team. The Digital world is evolving at a very fast pace, so competency development is essential for every member of the team.
Stack: Spark, Hadoop, SQL, C# / Java / Scala/ Matlab / Python (no need to have everything)
Salary: 11 000 - 14 000 PLN gross UoP
Location: Krakow, Jana Pawla II av. (partially remotely)
Recruitment process: 2-step online process (max 2 hours in total).
- Building physical schema data sets based on USE Cases ensuring compliance to data structuring standards.
- Identifying and evaluating the relevance of data sources, both internal and external, in collaboration with subject matter experts, IT and business stakeholders.
- Establishing recommendations on data collection, incorporating business requirements and knowledge of best practices
- Building scalable and robust ETL (Extract Transform Load) pipelines
- Creating REST APIs that utilize SQL views or queries
- Monitoring pipelines and data quality
- Working closely together with data scientist and service development teams to ensure that data is interpreted and used according to analysis conclusions.
- About 2-4 years experience,
- Experience in big data queries (Spark, Hadoop, Map-reduce, NoSQL, SQL, batch processing, Shell scripting, etc.),
- At least one of programming languages as C#, Java, Python, Ruby, R, Matlab, Scala…,
- Previous experience with building data streaming systems,
- Good understanding of extract, transform and load tools and REST-oriented APIs for creating and managing data integration jobs,
- Integration and separation of data feed in order to map, produce, transform and test new data products.
- Being able to express technical and business concepts, ideas, opinions and conclusions orally and in writing.
- Excellent English (at least B2)
What you can expect:
- Good recruitment experience with a partnership talks as we value your time,
- Cooperation with an international team - most of them are based in Scotland, UK.
- Support your professional development through e.g. online learning platforms and certifications and growing professional skillset,
- Benefits package including private healthcare (Medicover), gym pass (Multisport), and life insurance.
- Creative tax bonus - "Autorskie Koszty Uzyskania Przuchodu" with the level of 70%,
- Flexible working hours (with a standard business range)
If you think you might thrive in the team, we would love to hear from you. Just hit the apply button!