Data Platform Engineer
We support recruitment activities for a US-based company that specializes in online trading and forex. As a part of their rapid growth, they make significant investments in their IT systems, infrastructure, and platforms in order to deliver award-winning products and give users an outstanding experience. Therefore, they launched a brand new technology hub in Krakow's city center and searches for talented specialists to be a part of their team.
We are looking for a Seasoned Platform Engineer with practice in DevOps to design, implement, support, and admin technologies, systems, and tools to advance the client's next-generation Application Development Platform.
The team is looking to significantly improve the capabilities and the efficiency of their analytics by building a brand-new platform based on Dremio and deployed on Kubernetes to achieve scale and agility for our Analytics teams. You will be instrumental in designing and delivering this innovative platform, ensuring that the choice of technologies, quality of implementation, and the pace of development within the analytics area are up to the growing demands of the company's marketing teams and can help deliver greater returns. You will be working closely with both Analytics and Enterprise Data groups to deliver the end-to-end solution.
- Design, Implement, maintain, and improve components of the Analytics technology platform.
- Perform proof-of-concept work for new tools and components.
- Turn proof-of-concept work into Production grade systems.
- Constantly liaise with Analytics and Enterprise Data groups and provide the necessary support.
- Prioritize across various tasks, manage changes in daily workload.
- Concisely document project work and admin instructions.
- 3+ years’ experience in engineering and operating an Analytics or Big Data environment
- Experience or exposure to deploying and operating workloads within the K8s environment
- Ability to implement components in Java/Scala, to be able to create additional tooling extensions where required
- Experience working closely with Analytics teams that consume such a platform, proven to be agile in delivering to their needs
Desirable technical skills and experience
- Experience with Dremio in production
- Experience in some of the following technologies: Airflow, Kubeflow, Minio, StreamSets (or equivalent)
- Ability to implement Analytics deployment flows via a CI/CD, Git workflow
- Experience with Config Management tools such as Ansible
- Competitive compensation package including an annual performance bonus opportunity and tax-deductible expenses.
- Competitive benefits package, including health care and gym pass.
- Challenging projects which have an impact on the whole organization.
- Flexibility and possibility to work fully remotely.
- Spacious, modern, and fully equipped office space in the heart of old Krakow (if needed :)).
- Superior co-working and personal development experience.