Our client is an award-winning global player offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate organizations, from a tech start-up to global corporations. Founded in 1996, the company became first to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, they have launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets.
We are happy to assist them in opening a new center in Krakow and to help them find their first hires for the analytics team.
Employment type: employment contract ("umowa o pracę")
Salary: 18 000+ PLN gross
Recruitment process: 2x technical interview (on-line)
We are looking for an individual who enjoys collaborating across many different disciplines within a company to help drive towards a common goal. If you’re as passionate about engineering an efficient solution to an analytics problem as you are at measuring and driving a high-level impact on the business, this role is definitely tailored for you!
You will join a cross-functional team made up of data scientists, data and software architects, software engineers and business reporting analysts spanning the globe. The team works on an analytics project based on the company's business requirements on different domains such as NLP and time series analysis. Also, the team has ownership over data company-wide, from analytics to global business reporting and manages the entire data lifecycle from extraction to visualization. Team members work in various technologies like Python, Java, C++, Spark, GCP and are always prototyping new technologies!
● Build machine learning models to help our various teams drive growth in the business
● Develop data-oriented solutions to solve complex business problems leading to data-driven decision making
● Create reporting and visualizations and educate the company on your findings
● Support the activities related to the collection, review, cleansing, and reporting of data used in the team's analytical model
● Participate in planning sessions with key stakeholders to develop use cases and requirements for data-driven analytical solutions
We’re looking for candidates with:
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Scientist
- Ability to write code, preferably in Python (pandas, NumPy)
- Experience with large data sets
- Hands-on practice with SQL
- Capability to review the literature to identify state-of-the-art algorithms in project-specific areas
- Master's degree in an equivalent area (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, etc.). Ph.D. is preferable.
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, etc.) and unstructured data
- Experience developing C++ and/or Java applications
- Experience on working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud technologies like GCP, AWS or/and Azure
Benefits in the offer:
- Compensation package in line with the market including an annual performance bonus opportunity
- Competitive benefits package, including health care, gym pass, life insurance, training budget
- Tax-deductible expenses
- Spacious and modern office space in the Grzegorzki/Zablocie area
- Plenty of snacks, fruits and tasty coffee to make your days at the office more pleasant