Linux System Administrator
We support recruitment activities for a US-based company which specializes in online trading and forex. As a part of their rapid growth, they make significant investments in their IT systems, infrastructure and platforms in order to deliver award-winning products and, what is more, give traders an outstanding user experience.
Therefore, the client launched a brand new technology hub in Krakow’s city centre and searches for talented IT specialists to be a part of their team and help them realise their goals.
Salary range: 14 000 - 18 000 PLN gross
Employment type: employment contract ("umowa o pracę") or B2B contract
Location: Szlak Street, Cracow
Remote working: 1 day/week
The client of ours is looking to hire an experienced Linux System Administrator who will be responsible for the support, preparation, configuration, and deployment of the client's servers, storage, and backup infrastructure.
- installing new/rebuilding existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with project requirements
- developing and maintaining Linux installation and configuration procedures
- performing systems monitoring to verify the availability and integrity of hardware and server resources
- performing backup operations as needed
- handling on-going maintenance, e.g. hotfixes, software upgrades, OS patching, etc.
- shell scripting experience
- maintaining and supporting HP 3PAR storage arrays
- designing and preparing Virtual/HP/Dell equipment in accordance with the client’s Infrastructure standards
- configuring and installing the physical equipment and install configure O/S and patch management of all servers, databases, and applications
- comprehensive knowledge of Red Hat Linux and clones
- strong scripting skills in at least two of Bash, Perl or Python
- automation and configuration management skills, preferably in Ansible or Puppet
- strong troubleshooting skills
- ability to diagnose and fix server hardware/software issues
- understanding and working knowledge of the following technologies:
- HP Servers and HP SIM/Dell Servers and Dell OpenManage.
- Storage Area Networks (including 3Par and similar)
- Backup software and management.
Nice to have:
- knowledge of Solarflare NICs and associated products (Onload, TCPDirect, etc)
- knowledge of low-latency configuration management and monitoring (tuned, NUMA balancing, perf, etc)
- cloud experience (preferably Azure)
- competitive compensation package including an annual performance bonus opportunity
- competitive benefits package, including health care, gym pass, life insurance and lunch vouchers
- superior co-working and personal development experience
- spacious and modern office space in the heart of old Kraków
- kitchen full of coffee, tea, snacks, and fresh fruits