Operational Finance Specialist
Our customer is an international company with more than 100 employees worldwide which operates in the urban mobility industry. The company is present in several cities, including London, Paris, Madrid and New York. Their mission is to build the largest marketplace for ground transport and simplify payments for the urban mobility industry. Additionally, our client has an innovation lab for the future of on-demand urban mobility.
The client is now embarking on significant revenue generation with a series of client launches in 2019, initially throughout Europe. With rapid growth plans into the future, now is an exciting time to join and we are looking for an Operational Finance Specialist to our new Finance Team based in Krakow. Reporting directly to the Operational Finance Manager based in Krakow, the successful candidate will be responsible for financial operations within the Accounts Payable area.
Duties will include:
- Consistently and accurately delivering the business-as-usual tasks that the automated platform does not yet handle, including:
- Reconciliation of amounts received from Demand Partners
- Payment runs to ensure Supply Partners receive their funds
- Issuing relevant financial documents (statements, invoices, receipts, remittance advice documents)
- Responding quickly to queries raised by external and internal stakeholders
- Working closely with the Product, Operations and Tech teams to identify and analyze issues, understand the root cause(s) of problems.
- Answering any queries received to maximize our customer satisfaction
- Collaborating with other teams in continuous improvement activities and initiatives focusing on delivering efficiency, transparency, and standardization
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in finance processes (platform settlement activities experience will be an advantage);
- Fantastic, precise communication skills (fluency in English is a must, knowledge of other languages will be an advantage)
- Self-motivation and self-starting attitude with prior experience within an early-stage, high growth business would be ideal
- Ability to focus on the outcomes and deliverables and prioritizing on that basis
- Demonstrable experience in meeting SLAs,
- Experience in high transactions environment
- Previous experience in Accounts Payable or in Finance Shared Services for a global company as an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel skills
- Experience with ERPs as a plus
- Relevant University degree and/or other qualification
- Attention to detail with a ‘right-first-time’ attitude
- A genuine team-player who believes that the greatest value is delivered by working together
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work in teams and with deadlines
In addition to a competitive salary, there are the following company benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- Benefits package, including health care and gym pass
- Budget for professional qualifications and training if needed
- Superior co-working and personal development experience
- Kitchen full of coffee, tea, snacks, and fresh fruit.