Platform Engineer (DevOps)
We support recruitment activities for a US-based company that specializes in online trading and forex. As a part of their rapid growth, they make significant investments in their IT systems, infrastructure, and platforms in order to deliver award-winning products and give users an outstanding experience. Therefore, they launched a brand new technology hub in Krakow's city center and searches for talented specialists to be a part of their team.
We are looking for a Seasoned Platform Engineer (DevOps) to design, implement, support, and admin technologies, systems, and tools to advance the client's next-generation Application Development Platform.
The team is responsible for the architecture, design, implementation, delivery, and support of the modern Application Development Platform toolchain, deployed on Kubernetes. They are working closely with all IT Development teams to facilitate their on-boarding to new technologies. Key applications are already running on Kubernetes in production, over 100 are in active development, and many more in the pipeline. In doing all that, the group is implementing and promoting modern approaches to Deployment and Observability, relying on automation, implementing, and promoting self-service capabilities are the main enablers. You will be crucial in designing and implementing new services within our Platform and Observability stack, and successfully delivering them to IT Development.
- Implement, maintain, and improve middleware platform toolchain, integration processes, and their adoption by development teams.
- Adopt and promote modern Observability and DevOps paradigms and technologies.
- Perform proof-of-concept work for new tools and components.
- Turn proof-of-concept work into Production grade systems.
- Provide end-user support to Dev teams and implement change requests.
- Prioritize across various tasks, manage changes in daily workload.
- Concisely document admin instructions, user guides, and policies in Confluence.
- Proven history (min. 3+ years) of implementation, configuration, and support of a modern development platform toolchain.
- Good working knowledge of observability technologies, such as InflixDB, Jaeger, Prometheus, ELK.
- Ability to use programming languages (e.g. Python, Perl) to create production-grade APIs and integrations.
- Working knowledge of the Linux environment.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Forward-thinking, self-starter, able to work independently.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Helm, Docker (preferably Rancher).
- Configuration Management / Deployment tools such as Ansible, Octopus.
- Experience with Cloud Providers (preferably Azure).
- University/college bachelor level (or equivalent) degree.
- Competitive compensation package including an annual performance bonus opportunity and tax-deductible expenses.
- Competitive benefits package, including health care and gym pass.
- Challenging projects which have an impact on the whole organization.
- Flexibility and possibility to work fully remotely.
- Spacious, modern, and fully equipped office space in the heart of old Krakow (if needed :)).
- Superior co-working and personal development experience.