Quality Assurance Engineer (Advanced Platforms)
We support recruitment activities for a US-based company that specializes in online trading and forex. As a part of their rapid growth, they make significant investments in their IT systems, infrastructure, and platforms in order to deliver award-winning products and give users an outstanding experience. Therefore, they launched a brand-new technology hub in Krakow's city-centre and searches for talented specialists to be a part of their team.
Our team is responsible for the performance, stability and reliability of solutions from inception to delivery of the product. Therefore, you will be a part of the designing process to ensure the best possible outcome. We work as a team using an agile scrum approach and are looking forward to moving into microservices-based architecture using Docker & Kubernetes.
As a QA Engineer, you will be responsible for helping a team archiving solution stability. If the above excites you, then we have all ears for it and would like to schedule some time and discuss this opportunity with you.
Stack: C#, REST, SOAP, SQL, TFS, TeamCity,
Salary: 15 000 - 17 000 PLN (UoP gross or B2B net)
Location: Krakow Szlak st. OR 100% remote
Recruitment process: 2 on-line technical interviews (about 2h in total)
- Actively participating in the entire Software Development Life Cycle up to release to live following Agile methodologies and ATDD approach
- Participating in the code review process for created tests
- Assessing the impact and risks of new functionality introduced into the system, monitor changes and confirm correct behaviour after release to live
- Participating in planning and assess stories for following Definition of Ready
- Maintaining and improving test coverage of solutions to keep the level above 80%
- Actively improving test automation including CI/CD processes
- Monitoring applications for processing errors, identifying defects/anomalies and investigating their cause
- Documenting and tracking defects using Jira
- Taking responsibility for all phases of testing across various test environments
- Relevant degree or equivalent training
- Experience in testing a distributed system with message brokers (ActiveMQ, Tibco EMS)
- Experience in Behavioral-Driven Development and tools for creating BDD tests
- Coding experience with C#
- Experience in Agile SDLC methodologies, both Scrum and Kanban
- Experience in introducing and improving QA best practices and processes
- Experience in BDD practices using dedicated tools
- Experience in creating SQL Select queries
- Experience in using Git
- Experience in code review practices
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of CFDs Trading, Spread Betting and Forex
- Experience in testing financial applications especially Trading platforms and services and reporting solutions
- Experience in testing service APIs: Web, REST, SOAP
- Experience in working with MS SQL
- Experience in using TFS, Bitbucket
- Experience in Windows UI Application testing
- Experience in using Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, Jira, Team City, Jenkins, Nolio, Fitnesse Tool
- Compensation package including tax-deductible expenses.
- Competitive benefits package, including health care and gym pass.
- Challenging projects.
- Spacious, modern, and fully equipped office space in the heart of old Krakow.
- Flexibility and possibility to work remotely.
- Superior co-working and personal development experience.