Senior FP&A Data Analyst
Our client is an award-winning global player offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate organizations, from a tech start-up to global corporations. Founded in 1996, the company became the first to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, they have launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets.
We are happy to assist them in opening a new center in Krakow (Grzegorzki area) and to help them find their hires for the Business Intelligence team. You will join a cross-functional BI/Analytics team made up of data scientists, data and software architects, software engineers, and business reporting analysts spanning the globe. The team has ownership over data company-wide, from analytics to global business reporting, compliance reporting, and other data inquiries, as well as manages the entire data lifecycle from extraction to visualization.
Stack: Excel, SQL, Python
Process: 3x interview (2x technical, 1x business/HR)
- Work directly with the Head of Analytics and FP&A Manager, using data to ensure Oanda continues to make sound financial decisions.
- Influence the company’s strategic directions by driving data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Support our senior leadership team to make key strategic decisions.
- Be responsible for working on financial planning and forecasting projects.
- Be a key contributor to management reporting and financial analysis, building reports, and visualizations to help communicate any and all insights.
- Document and maintain operational procedures and processes relating to analytical and reporting processes.
- Take initiative to improve the quality and efficiency of internal reports, including enhancing financial models, dashboards and streamlining analysis and processes.
- Provide analytical support for Board meetings and review meetings.
We’re looking for candidates with:
- Have at least 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role with a solid understanding of financial statements
- Have significant experience in SQL and Excel
- Have experience working in Python (numpy and pandas packages as an asset)
- Have experience working within Finance or FinTech industries
- Have excellent quantitative, written, and presentation skills
- Have a BA/BSc in Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar
Nice to have:
- Experience with enterprise business intelligence platforms like Domo, Tableau, or MicroStrategy, with Domo
- Experience in working with financial data or a solid background in Finance.
Benefits in the offer:
- Compensation package in line with the market including an annual performance bonus opportunity and tax-deductible expenses.
- Competitive benefits package, including tax-deductible expenses, training budget, health care, gym pass, life insurance.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely (100% during the pandemic, after that up to 50%).
- Spacious and modern office space.
- Plenty of snacks, fruits, and tasty coffee to make your days at the office more pleasant.