Senior/Team Lead Web Trading Developer
Our customer is a US-based fintech company delivering trading solutions with a global footprint of over 140K retail clients and a monthly transaction volume of $501.2bn across 12.5K markets.
Location: Szlak Street, Cracow
Salary range: up to 18 000 PLN gross
Employment type: employment contract
Remote working: Possible
We are looking for a Web Development Team Lead with 6-7 years of experience building Web applications to join our Platforms team in our new office in Kraków. The platform's team is responsible to develop trading platforms using the in house API. They also integrate with internal and third-party solutions. You will run a scrum team, focused on high-quality deliverables to meet business requirements.
- You will lead a self-contained scrum team located in Kraków to deliver new components of the trading platform that is developed in USA (East Coast), United Kingdom and Poland.
- Ideal candidates have a good understanding of web application development, financial domain, streaming, etc. They should be experienced with the full cycle of a software project: conception, development, deployment, and the continuous improvement stage.
- You will take run entire sprint process from estimation and design to feature rollout and you will work with and pair with other members of the team of all disciplines, BA, QA, and other developers.
- We build our platform with quality in mind. You will provide Unit Tests to sustain quality and regression coverage as well as you will support QA with integration testing fixtures to support automated testing.
- You will be expected to maintain a high level of conduct, ethical standards and values as well as maintain an appropriate level of competence through ongoing training, making requests for updates or development as required
- Perform detailed requirements, design and code reviews to ensure thorough due diligence is applied.
- Understand individual business requirements in order to design, develop and test effective solutions.
- Understand and implement the required development guidelines, design standards, and best practices at all times.
- Understand in detail the business operational process both before and after the impact of any software changes.
- Understand the operational and reputation risk of software changes.
- Understand and document hardware, network and infrastructure requirements of software changes.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that sprint plans and work estimates are accurate at all times so that reliable delivery estimates can be reported.
- Prepare sprint reports and is responsible for increasing return on value for the team.
- Take responsibility for analysis, design, and development to ensure due diligence is applied consistently to all software changes.
- Be an active participant in sprint retrospectives and take actions to continually improve the team’s ability to deliver quality products on time.
- Implement test and behavior-driven approaches and provide support to QA in both manual and automated testing.
- Ensure software releases support continuous build and automated deployment practices.
- Provide prompt and knowledgeable assistance to business continuity and platform operations whenever requested.
- Maintain a high level of conduct, ethical standards, and values.
- Adhere to and enhance the firm’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and codes of conduct in all jurisdictions in which the Firm conducts business and which have an impact on its business.
- Work to identify risks and enhance control across the business.
- Report control weaknesses, illegal, suspicious or unusual activity.
- Maintain an appropriate level of competence through ongoing training, making requests for updates or development as required.
- Work in a startup environment full of growth-oriented people
A team of experienced developers helping each other improve their skills
- Ability to choose the equipment you work with
- Standing desk and ergonomic chair
- Spacious and cozy office space in the heart of old Kraków
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely
- Competitive benefits package, including health care and gym pass (Multisport)
- Kitchen full of coffee, tea, snacks, and fresh fruit
- Salary in line with the market
- Superior co-working and personal development experience
- Strong programming and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Object-Oriented Programming & Design
- 3-5 years of HTML, Angular JS, TypeScripts, CSS 3.0
- Solid understanding of the full web development life cycle
- Knowledge in Teamcity, Git, BDD, TDD, browser-specific development, selenium
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Lead a team of devs and QAs.
- Run scrum processes like sprint planning, estimations, retrospectives, backlog grooming sessions, etc. for the team.
- Plan releases.
- Willingness to test your code and write unit tests, Behavior tests, integration tests (with and without mocking).
- Ability to communicate in English on a daily basis
Nice to have:
- Experience with financial products and/or payment systems
- Experience working with distributed, multidisciplinary teams
- Design and build advanced app features for the web platform
- Certified Scrum Master or any other relevant qualification.
- Independently craft project solutions by applying solid Object-Oriented-Design principles