Software Engineering Lead
We support recruitment for an American company - a provider of distributed data and streaming platform that delivers consistent, transactional decisions while maintaining uptime and durability. They are engaged in resolving problems in distributed computing, performance, scaling and transactional consistency so that their customers can get fast, correct decisions on their streaming and at-rest data.
We are looking for a seasoned Software Engineering Lead to join a team that works on improving the ways that systems and users interact with data platform as they move from development through deployment and beyond. You will work on improvements and features in the Java layer of the core product as well as integrations with popular tools and frameworks, such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, and OpenTelemetry. You'll be responsible for building and leading a brand new team of Software Developer in Poland so this role provides with an opportunity to grow within the organization.
Stack: Java, SQL, UNIX/Linux,
Salary: About 23 000 PLN gross UoP / 26k net B2B - we're open for negotiations!
Location: 100% remotely from Poland,
Recruitment: Technical screen + 2 online meetings + coding test (2.5h in total).
- Building and leading a team to make the product easier to configure, deploy, monitor and diagnose,
- Collaborating with UX designers, product management and other teams to expose information to users and tools,
- Architecting and implementing major components of the product,
- Designing, coding and unit tests in Java,
- Participating in an Agile/Scrum team, including demonstrating new functionality at company-wide sprint review meetings,
- Suggesting improvements during quarterly innovation weeks - digging into new features, old problems, new languages - or whatever sparks your interest at the time.
- 8+ years of experience in product development using Java on UNIX/Linux systems,
- 3+ years Team Lead or Engineering Management,
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience,
- Experience building applications used by other software engineers,
- Strong communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Hands-on experience with distributed databases, filesystems or streaming platforms,
- Experience with cloud deployments and Kubernetes.
What you can expect:
- Great recruitment experience with a partnership talks as we value your time,
- Cooperation with an international team based in the US,
- Frequent business travels to the US to meet the rest of the team,
- Becoming a leader and a builder of a brand new development team in Poland,
- Profit-share incentive scheme,
- Working 100% remotely forever!