We support recruitment activities for a US-based company that specializes in online trading and forex. As a part of their rapid growth, they make significant investments in their IT systems, infrastructure, and platforms in order to deliver award-winning products and give users an outstanding experience. Therefore, they launched a brand new technology hub in Krakow's city center and searches for talented specialists to be a part of their team.
Currently, we are looking for a Web Developer with a minimum of 2 years of experience building Web applications to join the client's Platforms team in our new office in Kraków. The team is responsible to develop trading platforms using the in-house API. They also integrate with internal and third-party solutions. You will work in a scrum team, focused on high-quality deliverables to meet business requirements.
Stack: HTML, Angular JS, Typescript, CSS 3.0, Teamcity, Git.
Recruitment process: 3-step, online process. It is going to take around 3.5 hours in summary.
- You will be part of a self-contained scrum team located in Krakow to deliver new components of the trading platform that is developed in the USA (East Coast), the United Kingdom, and Poland.
- Ideal candidates have a good understanding of web application development, financial domain, streaming, etc. They should be experienced with the full cycle of a software project: conception, development, deployment, and the continuous improvement stage.
- You will participate in the entire sprint process from estimation and design to feature rollout and you will work with and pair with other members of the team of all disciplines, BA, QA, and other developers.
- Our client builds our platform with quality in mind. You will provide Unit Tests to sustain quality and regression coverage as well as you will support QA with integration testing fixtures to support automated testing.
- You will be expected to maintain a high level of conduct, ethical standards, and values as well as maintain an appropriate level of competence through ongoing training, making requests for updates or development as required.
- Perform detailed requirement, design and code reviews to ensure thorough due diligence is applied.
- Understand individual business requirements in order to design, develop and test effective solutions.
- Understand and implement required development guidelines, design standards and best practices at all times.
- Understand in detail the business operational process both before and after the impact of any software changes.
- Understand and document hardware, network and infrastructure requirements of software changes.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that sprint plans and work estimates are accurate at all times so that reliable delivery estimates can be reported.
- Be an active participant in sprint retrospectives and take actions to continually improve the team’s ability to deliver quality product on time.
- Implement test and behavior-driven approaches and provide support to QA in both manual and automated testing.
- Provide prompt and knowledgeable assistance to business continuity and platform operations whenever requested.
- Adhere to and enhance the firm’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations and codes of conduct in all jurisdictions in which the Firm conducts business and which have an impact on its business.
- Work to identify risks and enhance control across the business.
- Maintain an appropriate level of competence through ongoing training, making requests for updates or development as required.
- Strong programming and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Object-Oriented Programming & Design.
- 2 years of HTML, Angular JS, Typescript, CSS 3.0.
- Solid understanding of the full web development life cycle.
- Knowledge in Teamcity, Git, BDD, TDD, browser-specific development.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Participate in scrum processes like sprint planning, estimations, retrospectives, backlog grooming sessions etc. with the team.
- Willingness to test your code and write unit tests, Behavior tests, integration tests (with and without mocking).
- Ability to communicate in English on a daily basis.
Nice to have:
- Experience with financial products and/or payment systems.
- Experience working with distributed, multidisciplinary teams.
- Design and build advanced app features for the web platform.
- Independently craft project solutions by applying solid Object-Oriented-Design principles.
- Work in a startup environment full of growth-oriented people.
- A team of experienced developers helping each other improve their skills.
- Spacious and cozy office space in the heart of old Kraków.
- Competitive benefits package, including health care and gym pass (Multisport).
- The kitchen is full of coffee, tea, snacks, and fresh fruit.
- Salary in line with the market.
- Superior co-working and personal development experience.